• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

V1 Visa Inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kulitnomore

What is the name of your state? Guam

I am a Permanent Resident & I have an I130 filed in behalf of my husband dated September 2002.

Will my husband qualify for the V1 visa on September 2005?

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Vicky

md_Al

Re: V Visa

Territory: Guam, USA

Hafa adai,

The LIFE Act of December 21, 2000 which created the V Visa had 2 key conditions:

1. The Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) had filed the petition prior to December 21, 2000; and

2. The petition had not yet been processed after a 3 year wait period.

As such, all petitions filed by LPRs after Dec 21, 2000 by LPRs are not part of the LIFE Act and thereby are not eligible for V visas.

May I invite you to join in [B][email protected][/B] This is a email group of LPRs all of whom are presently separated from their spouses and children while awaiting their pending petitions to be acted upon. Presently the group is busy getting in touch with Senators and members of Congress to Lobby a renewal of the V Visa.

Since you and I are in the same boat, I just thought you would be interested.

al

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">