• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to get custidy of my 3 grandsons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandmaofwis

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Wisconsin
I have a 21 yr. old daughter that had 3 boys at a young age. She was living with us for alittle over a year with her 3 boys. The reason she had to live with us was the father of her boys wouldn't hold a job and they lost the apartment because they couldn't pay the rent. She tried to work when they lived together but he would just take all her money so he could buy beer. So she stop working. Than she moved in with us and stayed here for a year. She her ex moved in by his mom and had at least 3 jobs and lost all of them due to his drinking. My daughter has a new boyfreind now that isn't much better. He does work all the time but lives with his grandma. For some reason my daughter gave the her boys to their father and moved over to her new boyfreinds. The father of the boys still doesn't work and is going to jail very soon. His mothers house isn't a place for my grandsons to live. The place is very small and has 8-9 people living there. There's no furniture other then 2 mattresses in the living room with mess of clothes laying everywhere and loads of other clutter. No one works, they live off of his aunt that lives there with her son, she gets SSI for herself and son. The father of my grandsons just wants the boys so he doesn't have to work and get food stamps,free medical, and whatever he can for free. We've been helping to support our grandsons since they were born and still do. We want to get custidy since we support them anyways, also they seem to be happier here. When we do take them for the weekend they don't want to go back to their dad. How do we go about getting legal guardianship or custidy of them? We don't really have the money to pay for an lawyer. What can we do, we just want our grandsons to be happy and have a better chance in life.
HELP ME PLEASE!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
While it doesn't seem like the best living condition for the kids, it also may not rise to the level of neglect. And Dad will always hold more rights than you. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">