• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alimoney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kennethjenkins

What is the name of your state?
georgia
my wife has gotten on disability and purchased her own house and is leaving me. am i liabel for alimoney?
I live in a 10 year old mobile home.

BelizeBreeze

Georgia Alimony or Spousal support may be awarded to either party based upon the following:

the contribution of each spouse to the acquisition of the marital property, including the contribution of each spouse as homemaker, in child care, education and career building of the other spouse;

the duration of the marriage;

the financial resources of each spouse;

the age and physical and emotional condition of both spouses;

the value of each spouse's separate property;

the earning capacity of each spouse;

any fixed liabilities of either spouse;

the standard of living established during the marriage;

the time necessary for a spouse to acquire sufficient education to enable the spouse to find appropriate employment;

the needs of the party seeking alimony;

the ability of the other party to pay;

the conduct of each party towards the other; and

other relevant factors.

If a party has deserted the other or committed adultery he or she will not be awarded alimony or spousal support. An award of spousal support will terminate upon the remarriage of the party receiving support and the voluntary cohabitation of the parties to the divorce after the Judgment of Divorce has been finalized.

Now, how about some facts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">