• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L1A visa approved ... and now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carolyn424

Hi,

just received the notice that my L-1A visa was approved. Unfotuntally, the nostice still stated that I have to pick it up at a consulate abroad. The INS dis not seem to get the notice from my employer that I have already entered the US on a business Visa and that I requested the visa to be picked up at the local INS.

When calling INS, they told me that as long as I do not leave the US, I am fine with the notice (Form I797B valin duntil 2008), but as soon as I leave the US, I will have to get the visa? Is that correct? Do I not need something in my passport or a card? Or if yes, can I change my status in the US or when entering the US - can I get the visa that way (going to canada and coming back). The forms states that if no visa required, I can get admission to the US with that form...

Any experience with this or suggestions on how to deal with this? Also, any idea on how soon I cann apply for a green card with my L-1A visa?

Thanks a lot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">