• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upgrade registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

supermall10

:confused: What is the name of your state?Florida I have a F-350 dully pick-up and a 14 ft. horse trailer.A state trooper in Tennessee gave me a ticket for having a commerical vehicle registered as private passenger vehicle.Which it is and has been since 1997.He says that I was pulling a semi-trailer with my truck GVWR 20,400 lbs.My truck weighs 6400 lbs and trailer weighs 4200lbs. Can't understand !!!!!!!!! My truck wouldn't even move if I had that much weight involved.Horse trailer is even a featherlight trailer at that. State Florida agrees that it is a private passenger vehicle.

HomeGuru

supermall10 said:
:confused: What is the name of your state?Florida I have a F-350 dully pick-up and a 14 ft. horse trailer.A state trooper in Tennessee gave me a ticket for having a commerical vehicle registered as private passenger vehicle.Which it is and has been since 1997.He says that I was pulling a semi-trailer with my truck GVWR 20,400 lbs.My truck weighs 6400 lbs and trailer weighs 4200lbs. Can't understand !!!!!!!!! My truck wouldn't even move if I had that much weight involved.Horse trailer is even a featherlight trailer at that. State Florida agrees that it is a private passenger vehicle.

**A: thanks for your pos.

signed,

Mr. Ed

S

seniorjudge

supermall10 said:
Pay the fine. You were in Tennessee so you follow Tennessee law.

The troopers in Tennessee don't give a rip what Floridians think about anything!

supermall10

fine not a problem

It's not the fine but the fact that Tennessee has the right to tell me that I have to have a updated registration to show that I am a commerical vehicle when I am driving through their state is a bunch of crap. Ever state has different laws I agree and one state doesn't have the right to tell a person passing through on their highway that everything changes just to get from one side to the other.That is what I have problem with!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">