• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA registered car - parking ticket in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tbutt

What is the name of your state? New York

I got 3 parking tickets in New York City for a car I brought from California which is still registered in California - do I need to pay the tickets or does NYC and CA not exchange info? :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Tbutt said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I got 3 parking tickets in New York City for a car I brought from California which is still registered in California - do I need to pay the tickets or does NYC and CA not exchange info? :confused:
Please tell me you're not so ignorant as to think this is going to get a response.....PLEASE! :rolleyes:

Tbutt

a qualified response wouldbe appreciated

New York
I have no idea - I am new to this whole parking ticket thing (believe it or not!). A qualified response would be appreciated...

BelizeBreeze

Tbutt said:
New York
I have no idea - I am new to this whole parking ticket thing (believe it or not!). A qualified response would be appreciated...
You are liable for the tickets. If you don't pay them, or go to court on the date and time stipulated on the ticket, then the court will do a check on the owner of the vehicle and when you get stopped again you will find a bench warrant waiting for you.

Y

ylen13

will have to some what disagree with BelizeBreeze statement. If you will never ben in New york again then you can ignore it as new york and ca dont' share information from what i know

discaimer:not judge, lawyer or a cop.

allenkeynyc

if you have any evidence you can mail it in with not guilty pleas, you won't have to go in person to fight a parking ticket. i've gotten 1 cut in half, and the other i spending, i took photos and sent them in with a written statement as evidence
good luck, and read those parking signs carefully when in ny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">