• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OPT ---> H1/B1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aga1

What is the name of your state? VA

Hi, I am currently on my OPT program. It will expire in July. I work for a small company in Maryland. My employer is willing to help me with my paperwork for H1/B1 visa. I know that I need to submit my documents on April 1, 2005. Even if I receive a work visa I will have a gap between July and October. What would you advise me to do? Should I go back to school for at least a term or should I try a travel visa? Is it ok to have more than 1 case at a time? If I paid the additional $1000.00 how soon would I receive a decision about my H1/B1 visa? I hear there is a disscount for small companies? Does anyone have more information about it? I really appreciate your help!
Thank you!

ImmigAttyLana

First of all, you may be allowed to stay here during that gap in time if the USCIS authorizes it again this year as it has done in previous years when then the cap had been reached during the fiscal year. Secondly, the discount you are referring to is not for the premium processing fee of $1000.00; this is the fee for all employers regardless of size. The "discount" you are referring to is the training fund fee which is actually $1500 for companies with 25 or more employees and $750 for companies with fewer than 25 employees.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">