• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with suspended license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yoss22

Washington state:

I had an accident couple of years ago and I made a settlement with the party I had teh accident with and am making monthly payments.

Recently, a cop stopped me and told me that my license has been suspended. I called up the dept of licensing and they told me that my license has been suspended as I had unsettled issue regarding the accident. I faxed the DOL the settlement agreement and I got my license back. Then, I received a citation by mail asking me to go to court as I was driving on a suspended license?

Whats your advice? What can the court do?

Thanks!
Yoss

racer72

Take any and all evidence you have to the court and show the judge. The worst thing that can happen is you will be fined.

S

seniorjudge

racer72 said:
Take any and all evidence you have to the court and show the judge. The worst thing that can happen is you will be fined.
Correct. Make sure the evidence you carry to court is a certified copy of your driving record from the licensing authority in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">