• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Some Help Possesion charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stefs1130

What is the name of your state?California
My boyfriend was sitting shotgun when his friend was stopped for a traffic violation. The cops found out he was on search terms went to his house and he got charged with possetion of a controlled substance w/ intent to dist., 32 grams of marijuana, needles, and controlled canabis. Here's my question???? in the police report it states that they were doing a probation search. Doesn't a probation officer need to be their?? The house that the police searched wasnt even his listed address!!!!!

Last edited:

CdwJava

stefs1130 said:
My boyfriend was sitting shotgun when his friend was stopped for a traffic violation. The cops found out he was on search terms went to his house and he got charged with possetion of a controlled substance w/ intent to dist., 32 grams of marijuana, needles, and controlled canabis. Here's my question???? in the police report it states that they were doing a probation search. Doesn't a probation officer need to be their?? The house that the police searched wasnt even his listed address!!!!!
Nope. The Probation Officer does NOT need to be there. In fact, he doesn't even need to give his permission for the search. And they can search where he resides or stays - the fact that it was not his listed residence only means that he committed another probation violation by failing to report his true residence - or his move - to his Probation Officer.

He's going back to jail and he will need another attorney to defend against these new charges.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

stefs1130 said:
When you are on probation, you have given up several rights. Having a search without a warrant is one of the things that can happen to you when you are on probation. The PO explained it to your BF; I guess he just forgot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">