• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ripped off on ebay(naturally)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksf

What is the name of your state?MA..I won the bid on a laptop on ebay for 1050.00. I live in MA, That was 12/2002. Never received it.I filed with the police dept, basically did not do much. I also filed with ebay and paypal along with any web-based organization that works on online fraud cases. Just wondering what the statutes of limitations on persuing online fraud would be in MA. Also wondering how much of the file I am entitled to obtain from the police dept on this matter is. The last is I thought you could file a lawsuit from where you live or work yet you always mention that you would need to go to the sellers state to file. thanks for any info

racer72

If you paid with a credit card, do a chargeback. Otherwise you will be going on a trip if you want your money.

ksf

ripped off on ebay(naturally

MA..I used a debit card, if I'd used a credit card I guess we wouldn't be talking about this because I did find out early enough to have cancelled the transaction with a credit card. I think you have up to 30 days in MA to do that..thank you so much for your response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">