• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confiscated property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cococarol

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Law enforcement served warrant on my brother, during the search they seized some Meth, Marijuana and other evidence such as significant amount of money, a car, go-cart, chainsaw, ect. ect.

They charged him.
(1) ENH Manufacturing Meth 1st offense,
(2) ENH Trafficking Marijuana 8 oz. 1st offense,
(3) ENH Use/Possess Drug Paraphern 1st,
(4) ENH Cult of Marijuana 5 plants 1st offense,
(5) ENH 2nd. Deg. Tics/Drug Unspec, 1st.
(6) Prescriptions in improper containers, 1st..
*ENH - Gun Enhance
That is what I am concern with. This case was never brought to trail.
No conviction was ever handed down. My brother died before the trail date.
He was charged but never convicted.

My question is: The property the law enforcement confiscated at the time of his arrest, what happens to it? Does it go back to his family?

Son of Slam

cococarol said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Law enforcement served warrant on my brother, during the search they seized some Meth, Marijuana and other evidence such as significant amount of money, a car, go-cart, chainsaw, ect. ect.

They charged him.
(1) ENH Manufacturing Meth 1st offense,
(2) ENH Trafficking Marijuana 8 oz. 1st offense,
(3) ENH Use/Possess Drug Paraphern 1st,
(4) ENH Cult of Marijuana 5 plants 1st offense,
(5) ENH 2nd. Deg. Tics/Drug Unspec, 1st.
(6) Prescriptions in improper containers, 1st..
*ENH - Gun Enhance
That is what I am concern with. This case was never brought to trail.
No conviction was ever handed down. My brother died before the trail date.
He was charged but never convicted.

My question is: The property the law enforcement confiscated at the time of his arrest, what happens to it? Does it go back to his family?

I doubt that you will get the gun back, if it was worth anything, but fill out the papers and give it a shot at getting the drugs back. Who knows?

Shay-Pari'e

LMAO SOS, thanks for the laugh. Actually, I'm going to read some of your latest posts. I have not seen you for a while. :D

cococarol

Confiscated Property In KY

Of all the things that was taken, the money is what I'm concern with since it was part of our inheritance that we had just received the month before his arrest. It wasn't alot but it would pay for his funeral.

Like I said he was charged but never conviction. Can anyone tell me if there is anything we can do to get it back without hiring an attorney?

cococarol

Confiscated Property In KY

A real joker no doubt!

But of all the things that was taken, the money is what I'm concern with since it was part of our inheritance that we had just received the month before his arrest. It wasn't alot but it would pay for his funeral.

Like I said he was charged but never conviction. Can anyone tell me if there is anything we can do to get it back without hiring an attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">