• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nobody knows???????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cabriniGREEN

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Okay people maybe you guys can solve or give some insight to a major disagreement between the males and females at my job...............
Scenario: A man and Woman who decided to married...after five years they just went their seperate ways, no children or jointly purchased properties, this couple has now been seperated for over 20 years, both have been living seperately and co habitating with someone other then their spouse, they both have bank accounts, their own bills etc. .......The question is if one or both of the parties files for divorce does anyone of them by law can demand/expect to receive alimony??? Hint: Most of the men at work say "NO"

Last edited:

LdiJ

cabriniGREEN said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
Okay people maybe you guys can solve or give some insight to a major disagreement between the males and females at my job...............
Scenario: A man and Woman who decided to married...after five years they just went their seperate ways, no children or jointly purchased properties, this couple has now been seperated for over 20 years, both have been living seperately and co habitating with someone other then their spouse, they both have bank accounts, their own bills etc. .......The question is if one or both of the parties files for divorce does anyone of them by law can demand/expect to receive alimony??? Hint: Most of the men at work say "NO"
Well, then I would say that most of the men would be correct. While the marriage lasted 25 years, the cohabitation lasted only five. I doubt that a judge would even remotely consider awarding alimony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">