• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he undercover?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fugazidriver

What is the name of your state? Mass.

I met someone who is willing to help me find a connection to buy an illegal substance. We are both not sure if the other is an undercover cop. This person had the idea that if we both do some of the drug together, that would determine that we are both not cops. I need to know if this is true.

I need to know specifically what an undercover cop can and cannot do.
What circumstances would prove to be entrapment.

If we buy after being under the influence of a drug we both did together, that was provided by this person, could I still be charged with something.

Also, I live in Mass. but this contact and deal will be in CT.

BelizeBreeze

fugazidriver said:

I met someone who is willing to help me find a connection to buy an illegal substance. We are both not sure if the other is an undercover cop. This person had the idea that if we both do some of the drug together, that would determine that we are both not cops. I need to know if this is true.

If we buy after being under the influence of a drug we both did together, that was provided by this person, could I still be charged with something.

Let me see if I have this corect.

You want to purchase cocaine, an illegal substance.
You want to insure you're not buying from an undercover cop.
You want someone here to tell you how to determine if the seller is, in fact, an undercover cop.

Do I have it right so far?

fugazidriver

Are you a federal prosecutor or just a right wing-nut. I thought this site was for legal advise. THATS RIGHT!! I dont want to get busted.

BelizeBreeze

fugazidriver said:
Are you a federal prosecutor or just a right wing-nut. I thought this site was for legal advise. THATS RIGHT!! I dont want to get busted.
THAT'S RIGHT!
Legal Advice. NOT How to commit a crime without getting caught.

You don't want to get busted, don't do the crime Idiot! :D

BelizeBreeze said:
Just bumping this to the top to insure your inalienable rights to FREE LEGAL ADVICE :D
I have a notion that this one thread will be at or near the top of the list come December 15, 2005.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Florid-aise is correct! This one's a beauty!

fugazidriver said:

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Yes, believe it or not, you could be our Grand Prize winner for 2005! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fugazidriver said:

My further response:

. . . and the indignation is priceless!

"That's right, goddamnit! I want my drugs!!!"

IAAL

fugazidriver

Lets see, am I an idiot just because I use illegal drugs. Maybe if I were popping Vicodin like some of you friends and relatives do, that would be smarter. Maybe you think I'm an idiot for trying to not get busted...Ah yes, that is quite idiotic of me. All these poor folks who write to you because they got busted, thier smarter than me too. I like that assumption of a cocaine purchase which was wrong by the way, but I bet you assume a lot of things ...don't you. Maybe I should have posed my question in past tense that way you could look down on me as a poor slob that needs help.

Yes I am an idiot for coming to this site with legal question, after all that is part of what you do here as well....or so I thought. No, stay up there on your little hill looking down at people like me. It will make you feel better and after all....thats what its all about , Right

Now its your turn to come back with a snappy little answer....come on show us your wit......... please.

well to answer your question, the only thing an under cover officer can do to get his case thrown out is to entice you to buy the drugs, ie he/she can not go up to you and say hey would you like to buy drugs? thats also how they bust drug dealers because they can and will come up to you and say hey i got this for sale. watch cops and learn that anything that a under cover cop is fair game as long as its you doing the deal. in another words any time you make a drug deal your taking a chance of being arrested, stop using illegal street drugs and seek a good treatment program. the best way to beat a drug charge is not getting a drug charge. geeeeeeeeee guys this is as bad as the dui that got his licence taking away saying but i only wanted to drive to get a pack of cigarettes, those cops just had it out for me, poor innocent victims of their own making just makes one glad they aren't into this type of life behaviors.

btw sorry about the bad sentences, left words out from laughing so hard. there was actually a few cases where some idiot called the cops because someone stole their pot plants and called the cops to report the theft. i knew one idiot that called the cops to report his car was stolen, he just forgot to mention that he had stolen the car plates earlier that night, he gave the cops the plate number and the plates were for a 68 chevelle, he had them on a 89 toyota lol.

CdwJava

fugazidriver said:
Yes I am an idiot for coming to this site with legal question, after all that is part of what you do here as well
That's not a legal question, that's a question that would provide an answer aiding you to commit a felony.

No, stay up there on your little hill looking down at people like me.
Okay, we will. Looking down on dope dealers and criminals is pretty easy stuff, actually.

It will make you feel better and after all....thats what its all about , Right
Actually, it tends to be "about" aiding people who have legitimate problems. Not "aiding and abetting".

Now its your turn to come back with a snappy little answer....come on show us your wit......... please.
I don't know about anyone else, but it's too early for me to have any "wit" ... I need my coffee.

- Carl

You Are Guilty

mrcheerful said:
well to answer your question, the only thing an under cover officer can do to get his case thrown out is to entice you to buy the drugs, ie he/she can not go up to you and say hey would you like to buy drugs?
Not exactly - I suggest you re-read the definition of "entrapment," particularly the part about "no prior intent."

ok i was wrong there. i was getting at the fact that if your out looking for drugs and you go to a under cover cop, anything is fair play.

Well, driver, it's your lucky day. I just stumbled across your post. I am not a lawyer but I watch a lot of TV (starting with Starsky & Hutch thru Law and Order:We Ran Out of Names). All you have to do is ask the guy if he's a cop. If he says no, and you get busted, the case gets thrown out cuz he lied to you. If he does do some of the drugs with you, and you get popped, I would place him under a citizens arrest, just to turn the tables. Maybe he'll get scared and just forget the whole arresting you for soliciting the sales of a controlled substance thing.

BTW, this was all tongue in cheek. Just thought I should clarify that, in case your head isn't as clear as it should be now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">