• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Operating Vehicle withoput Reasonable control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cvdotyii

What is the name of your state? OHIO

[§ 4511.20.2] § 4511.202. Operating vehicle without reasonable control.

(A) No person shall operate a motor vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any street, highway, or property open to the public for vehicular traffic without being in reasonable control of the vehicle, trolley, or streetcar.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of operating a motor vehicle without being in control of it, a minor misdemeanor.

HISTORY: 139 v S 432. Eff 3-16-83; 149 v S 123, § 1, eff. 1-1-04.

I was cited for a 4511.202 (Failure to control) over the weekend for losing control on an Ice covered road. Is there anyway to fight this? While the Tow truck driver was get my car out of the gaurdrail and I was talking to the cop about the several accidents he had already been at that morning another driver lost control (due to Ice) right in front of us. Do I have a legal leg to stand on to justify fighting this ticket?

Where and how do I find cases where other people may have successfully (or not so) fought this citation?

Last edited:

kms250

Unfortunately weather conditions will not help your case, the best you can do is to try for a plea bargain to get the charge reduced to a non-moving violation; the goal is to not have any points assessed against your driving record.

Good luck! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">