• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As an adult, can I dissolve my own adoption?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tamikin

I was adopted as a child, Now as an adult, can I dissolve the adoption?

What is the name of your state? While I currently reside in Washington State, the adoption took place in Colorado.

I was adopted at the age of 5 by my mothers second husband. My biological father did not want the adoption (unfortunately, his is dead now). My mother has a personality disorder and manipulated the situation, thus resulting in the adoption. :( I did not and do not wish to be adopted. Further I've never integrated into my adopted fathers family. Additionally, I have maintained contact with my biological fathers family. :) So now 32 years later, I finally have the resources to challenge the adoption. Thus, I am asking, is it possible for the adult child in an adoption to have their own step-parent adoption dissolved? :confused:

Respectfully,
Tamikin

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">