• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reverse Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kim39120

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Mississippi

My 16 year old son is a white male. A couple weeks ago he was one of 5 students, 2 whites, 3 blacks who left public high school campus to go next door to the store during lunch.

Now I agree he was wrong for leaving campus but he and the other white student were suspended from school for 5 days. There was nothing done to the black students. I might add the principal and majority of teachers are black.

We accepted the punishment and moved on. BUT... Today my son was suspended again for 5 days that I feel was wrongful again.

He needed to use the rest room and the teachers only give them 3 to 5 minutes to use the restroom. Hardly enough time for anything other than urinating. Excuse my English!

He was then ushered to the lunchroom for lunch. He started feeling the urge to really use the restroom and the teacher would not let him leave the lunchroom. He left anyway because he had to go.

When he got to the restroom there was no toilet paper so he went looking for the principal to get toilet paper and to let him know what was going on because the principal had told him before to come to him when he had problems.
In the meantime the teacher has written him up for leaving the lunch room and again for being late for class.

He tried to explain his case but no one would listen. The assistant principal insisted he sign the write up slip saying he was suspended for 2 days. While he was reading the paper before signing it, she snatched the paper out of his hand and suspended him 5 days saying he refused to sign when all truth he only gotten to the second sentence when she grabbed it from his hands.

The head principal called me in and gave me the suspending notice and to pick up my son.

I might add there are over 900 students possibly more in this school and only one male restroom that only has 3 toilets that are unfit to use, filthy, no toilet paper and no running water in the sink to wash up. I called the health dept. and no one could give me answers to this problem.

I don't know what else to do other than putting him in another school but he wants to go there because his girlfriend goes there too.

What is a person suppose to do when they try to teach their child that right is right and wrong is wrong while the people around him who mold and shape him are doing him wrong?

Can anyone please help?

It seems most attorneys around here have gone into personal injury field.

S

seniorjudge

There is no such thing as "reverse discrimination." He is either being discriminated against or is not being discriminated against.

What was the faculty's version of these events?

Are other white kids being discriminated against?

kim39120

The Principal of the school said that the reason he suspended my son the first time for leaving campus was my son and the the other white student left campus and came back smelling like marijuana.

The notice I was given didn't mention anything about marijuana. It only stated suspended for leaving campus.I asked him if he had seen him smoking marijuana and he said no but that was enough to make him guilty.

I think it is a bunch of crock.

I know of one other case where a student has been discriminated against.

At this school there is a mandatory school uniform policy.
No problem with that but a lady I work with, her daughter was suspended
for wearing MUDD brand uniform pants.

The problem with that situation was... so was just about every black
girl there at that school but they weren't being suspended.

The lady finally took her daughter out of that school.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">