• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Fines 13 years later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kruffin

What is the name of your state?New Jersey

Paid a traffic ticket in approximately 1990 for a violation that occurred in 1989. New Jersey has now assessed a fine due to the fact that when I had a NJ driver's license in 1988/89 I exceeded a certain number of points when I received this ticket. I have been a licensed driver in MD since before and after the occurrence of this ticket (i was a student then). Is there a statute of limitations that applies here? I no longer hold a NJ license and haven't had residence there since 1988/89. These fines were just assessed within the last few months and I found out due to suspension in MD. I've been renewing and been in good standing with MD for 13 years.

S

seniorjudge

kruffin said:
What is the name of your state?New Jersey

Paid a traffic ticket in approximately 1990 for a violation that occurred in 1989. New Jersey has now assessed a fine due to the fact that when I had a NJ driver's license in 1988/89 I exceeded a certain number of points when I received this ticket. I have been a licensed driver in MD since before and after the occurrence of this ticket (i was a student then). Is there a statute of limitations that applies here? I no longer hold a NJ license and haven't had residence there since 1988/89. These fines were just assessed within the last few months and I found out due to suspension in MD. I've been renewing and been in good standing with MD for 13 years.
There is no statute of limitations after a ticket has been issued; it stops running then. You must clear this up in NJ; yes, it's pretty crappy work on their behalf, but there's not much you can do about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">