• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1/8 and a bowl, jailtime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

volition

What is the name of your state? Maryland

i am 17 right now and i turn 18 in october...I have one charge of theft under 500 dollars pending but its been like 10 weeks and they havent sent me a court date...So if i were to get caught with a bowl and like and 1/8 what are the chances of me facing jailtime? Also offtopic, but do u think im going to get the court date or has he let it slide, he said 6-8 weeks for letter in mail of courtdate...

Son of Slam

volition said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

i am 17 right now and i turn 18 in october...I have one charge of theft under 500 dollars pending but its been like 10 weeks and they havent sent me a court date...So if i were to get caught with a bowl and like and 1/8 what are the chances of me facing jailtime? Also offtopic, but do u think im going to get the court date or has he let it slide, he said 6-8 weeks for letter in mail of courtdate...

Are you sure you will turn 18 in October? A lot of people living as you are, will not last another nine months.

volition

Hey Son of Slam

Hey idiot, I'm a honors student with a 1300 on my sats and am going to college with about half scholarships for academics and half for sports. I have a wonderful life planned out ahead of me, and have greater goals then being an ******* on online forums. I'm stopping smoking before i goto school because college is more important to me than weed. The camera thing was just a dumb impulse steal, i dont kno what i was thinking, and i greatly regret it. I, by no means lead any sort of life that should have me dead before i turn 18. I just happen to enjoy smoking marijuana sometimes but it does not run my life.
So, perhaps if you have nothing relevant to say regarding my post you could shut the hell up. Thanks :)

the courts might be backed up and your living on a grace period and they haven't gotten around to your case. if you really don't think weed has an impact on your life then you need professional help, you stole something and you don't know why? how many other things have you done and didn't know why you did them? everybody has a reason for everything they do. just be ready to do everything the court orders you to do because like SOS said your headed down the road to self destruction, btw i have yet to meet a drug user or alcoholic that didn't say that their drug of choice had no impact on their life and they could stop using any time they wanted, then found all kinds of reasons to avoid stopping. been there done that and got into recovery.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
volition said:
Hey idiot, I'm a honors student with a 1300 on my sats
Are we supposed to be impressed by this? That's 650 each Verbal/Math (average). Not particularly competitive, dude.

rmet4nzkx

Oh yes, when you get to court don't be surprized if the court orders UA for you so you better stop, NOW!

calatty

DA's don't let thefts of cameras "slide." I doubt you will get jailtime for both offenses together, but you are racking up the criminal charges. I hope you have a lawyer, because your future may not be so bright with a criminal record, regardless of your SAT scores.

S

smokehaze

Actually the average SAT scores are 507 verbal 519 math buddy.

Possession or use of any amount of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Its a misdameanor so you will not be jailed. Also you cannot be incarcerated for possession of paraphernalia. Keep smoking that crack haze

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">