• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Standard with Fire Lane?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Texas
Living in an apartment complex who allows their employee's to park in the fire lanes and handicapped spaces, yet has residents cars towed if they do the same due to inadequate parking spaces. Is this legal? I know the complex has a written agreement with the towing company not to tow certain cars, I saw it this morning on their wall after I went to pick up my car since they towed it. Also, isn't a warning or something required before towing?
Thanks. :(

Y

ylen13

no idea on laws in texas, but i do you guys can legally care guns so why do u stand with shutgun next to you car and see if tow guy will be brave to tow your car whille u sand there with a gun :)

sungod916

I am unsure of TX law on private property but I just went through a similar issue with my apartment complex.

Have you ever tried to ask them about their employees parking in the red zone or handicap spots? I am sure it's not in their policy to allow their employees to park wherever they want.

You might want to check your lease (if you have one) to see if they have any special rules on parking.

ylen13 said:
no idea on laws in texas, but i do you guys can legally care guns so why do u stand with shutgun next to you car and see if tow guy will be brave to tow your car whille u sand there with a gun :)
Why don't you run spellcheck before you make such stupid comments. :D

Y

ylen13

bliss_in_texas said:
Why don't you run spellcheck before you make such stupid comments. :D
:D because i was half a sleep when i made that comment

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">