• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ayva

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? New Mexico
I am a mother of a 3 month old little girl whose grandparents and myself have had our differences. The grandmother has many times tried controling and tried making decisions for my daughter and for our family. She has demanded me to name my little girl a name of her choice and now has threaten to take the baby away by falsly accussing me of hurting my baby. My boyfriend (baby's father) insists that everything is okay and how it is okay for he's mother to watch the baby when we both are at work. I don't feel comfortable having her take care of my child knowing that she has threaten me in taking her. This situation has come between my boyfriend and myself and at this point I don't know how far her grandparents will take this. I need to know what legal rights her grandparents have over her and also what steps I should take. Please help! :(

Last edited:

LdiJ

Ayva said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? New Mexico
I am a mother of a 3 month old little girl whose grandparents and myself have had our differences. The grandmother has many times tried controling and tried making decisions for my daughter and for our family. She has demanded me to name my little girl a name of her choice and now has threaten to take the baby away by falsly accussing me of hurting my baby. My boyfriend (baby's father) insists that everything is okay and how it is okay for he's mother to watch the baby when we both are at work. I don't feel comfortable having her take care of my child knowing that she has threaten me in taking her. This situation has come between my boyfriend and myself and at this point I don't know how far her grandparents will take this. I need to know what legal rights her grandparents have over her and also what steps I should take. Please help! :(
Grandparents have no legal rights at all. The have the option of suing for visitation rights however they have no more than a 50/50 chance of winning.
Based on the fact that she threatened to falsely accuse you of harming your baby, I wouldn't let her anywhere NEAR the child except under strict supervision.

Laura

Ayva

Thankx

undefined
Thank you for responding. I've been so stressed with the situation but by reading your words I am better.
Thanks again. :)

Ayva

Control from grandparents

undefinedNM
Now the problem has gotten bigger. The grandparents are putting things into my fiancees mind and are forcing him to force me to change my mind about letting them watch my baby. I explained to my fiancee that I am not comfortable with the idea and all he is thinking about is hurting their feelings. Today I brought my baby to work with me instead of having him take her to her grandparents. I will continue to do this until everything settles down and my fiancee finally understands. I truely know in my heart that her grandparents do love her but by threatening me I can't trust them. Alot of things have gone through my mind if I would've let her go. They could've easily said I left her there unpurpose or just refuse to let me pick her up. Its been scary to think that these things could happen. Please give me advise on this situtation. :(

LdiJ

Ayva said:
undefinedNM
Now the problem has gotten bigger. The grandparents are putting things into my fiancees mind and are forcing him to force me to change my mind about letting them watch my baby. I explained to my fiancee that I am not comfortable with the idea and all he is thinking about is hurting their feelings. Today I brought my baby to work with me instead of having him take her to her grandparents. I will continue to do this until everything settles down and my fiancee finally understands. I truely know in my heart that her grandparents do love her but by threatening me I can't trust them. Alot of things have gone through my mind if I would've let her go. They could've easily said I left her there unpurpose or just refuse to let me pick her up. Its been scary to think that these things could happen. Please give me advise on this situtation. :(
You are doing the right thing. Continue to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">