• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Supervision?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oscarIL

What is the name of your state? Illinois

"I hereby certify under penalty of perjury pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/1-109 as follows:

I have not been convicted of or placed on court supervision in any court for a violation of any state statute or municipal ordinance which is a moving [reportable] offense to the Secretary of State within the 12 months preceding this citation."

I received a ticket last week for driving too fast for conditions. I do not have to go to court, but I can plead guilty, pay the fine, and apply for court supervision through the mail. (I need court supervision, because I cannot afford another conviction)

I was convicted of a speeding ticket in Indiana last March. That was my last ticket. I do not know if this will keep me from qualifying for court supervision. (I have not had court supervision in years) Should I take my chances in court, or will I be ok applying via mail?

What do you think?

S

seniorjudge

oscarIL said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

"I hereby certify under penalty of perjury pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/1-109 as follows:

I have not been convicted of or placed on court supervision in any court for a violation of any state statute or municipal ordinance which is a moving [reportable] offense to the Secretary of State within the 12 months preceding this citation."

I received a ticket last week for driving too fast for conditions. I do not have to go to court, but I can plead guilty, pay the fine, and apply for court supervision through the mail. (I need court supervision, because I cannot afford another conviction)

I was convicted of a speeding ticket in Indiana last March. That was my last ticket. I do not know if this will keep me from qualifying for court supervision. (I have not had court supervision in years) Should I take my chances in court, or will I be ok applying via mail?

What do you think?
I think you need to tell the truth to the court and let the court decide if you are eligible or not.

oscarIL

thank you.

i will (i never planned on lying in any way, i was not clear on the wording of the stipulation, so i came here for advice!)

i am torn between taking my chances in court alone, or contacting an attorney to ensure court supervision. i have a very clean record aside from these 2 incidents, and i want to keep it that way.

again, thank you for your help.

S

seniorjudge

oscarIL said:
thank you.

i will (i never planned on lying in any way, i was not clear on the wording of the stipulation, so i came here for advice!)

i am torn between taking my chances in court alone, or contacting an attorney to ensure court supervision. i have a very clean record aside from these 2 incidents, and i want to keep it that way.

again, thank you for your help.
A lawyer would really be worth your time and trouble and money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">