• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traveling with an H1. Please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jprudi

What is the name of your state?
PA

I have a simple question, that for some reason I cant find the answer to. I got my H1 approval in October (I just made it!). I have not left the country yet, and therefore do not have a valid visa to get back into America if I were to travel. I am now planning a trip to Puerto Rico and am not sure if I need a visa since it appears their laws are the same as in America (therefore I am not really leaving America and do not need a visa to get back to America). Is this correct? Is there somewhere you can advise me to check this?

Thank you.

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, you are correct. Puerto Rico is an American territory so you do not need to have a visa to travel there. However, be sure that the plane does not go through any other island which may not be a US territory where you may have to have a valid visa in order to go through customs.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">