• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airline Firearms Declaration, altering of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

418US683

EDITED, UPDATED

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin (Madison)
A couple weeks ago, I was traveling out of state when I made a major error with my firearms declaration slips. Even though I swear I told the ticketing agent I was declaring "firearms," she handed me only one form and then began helping other customers. To make a long story brief, I rashly and hastily decided to alter the date on last week's declaration (from same airline, for same passenger), changing the date by writting over it sloppily with that day's date.

I have been told by family members that I should wait to hear from the feds first, before I do anything else. I would like to know: 1) is an airline's firearm declaration slip considered a federal document, and by what authority/citation? 2) What other civil/criminal charges could come out of this incident, besides a civil fine of $500-$1000 for having an undeclared (but unloaded, properly encased/locked and otherwise 'legal') firearm? 3) As a Federal employee, US Marine, licensed gun owner, travel 'expert,' etc., will I be held to a higher/stricter standard by the US Atty?

Thanks in advance for any and all intelligent responses, and take care.

Last edited:

418US683

Anyone Here Besides Senior Judge?

I'm beginning to think that SJ is the only lawyer available on this site. Hopefully some other great legal minds are out there, and willing to take some of the load from him. I realize that the advice is worth exactly what I'm paying for it, but I thank you for your time reading my posts.

S

seniorjudge

418US683 said:
I'm beginning to think that SJ is the only lawyer available on this site. Hopefully some other great legal minds are out there, and willing to take some of the load from him. I realize that the advice is worth exactly what I'm paying for it, but I thank you for your time reading my posts.
If you would stop double posting and delete one of the threads and make your posts about half the size, you might get some more answers.

418US683

Ok,

seniorjudge said:
If you would stop double posting and delete one of the threads and make your posts about half the size, you might get some more answers.
Done, and done. Now I'm waiting to see if this works or not- I still see that you seem to answer about 90% of the issues on this board. Exactly what is/are your exact area(s) of legal expertise?

Last edited:

418US683

This place is a waste of my time

Obviously, nobody here that is a lawyer or competent legal expert cares to wet a toe. I post and wait over a day, with nothing but a stupid one word reply from a highly prolific poster. If none of you legal geniuses can even cite me some CFR or USC, let alone some good caselaw, then I guess I'm satisfied with my price of admission here.

At any rate, the US Atty has declined my case, meaning they will not be pursuing me any further. Hell yes, that feels good. I would still be interested in reading caselaw or applicable resources from the CFR/USC/etc..

HomeGuru

418US683 said:
Obviously, nobody here that is a lawyer or competent legal expert cares to wet a toe. I post and wait over a day, with nothing but a stupid one word reply from a highly prolific poster. If none of you legal geniuses can even cite me some CFR or USC, let alone some good caselaw, then I guess I'm satisfied with my price of admission here.

At any rate, the US Atty has declined my case, meaning they will not be pursuing me any further. Hell yes, that feels good. I would still be interested in reading caselaw or applicable resources from the CFR/USC/etc..

**A: we would be interested in your reading that info also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">