• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Social Security Legal? Can i stop paying it if i want?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rips1

What is the name of your state? New Jersey, I wanted to no how to stop paying social security. What papers have to be filed? Or what. I just dont understand why i have to be under the gun with no way out of paying social security if the system is not going to be around in the next 20 to 30 years when i go to retire.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As the law stands today, paying into Social Security is not optional. It is mandatory. You cannot get out of paying it no matter how many papers you file.

Whether it will or won't be around 20 or 30 years from now is a matter of opinion, since as of right now no one has a crystal ball to see into the future and find out. If President Idiot has his way, people may eventually have the option of putting it into personal accounts so that they can lose it on their own. But as of today, you're stuck with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">