• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voter rights denied/Other election irregularities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gyost73

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi, I was a candidate for Mayor in a small town Western Maryland election on Jan 31, 2005. I have witnessed proof that the election judge allowed questionable things to occur: Candidate wives sitting in poll during election as observers; candidates wife getting absentee ballot application for a candidate to take and get filled out (both are violations); at least two mental challenged individuals were denied the assistants they wanted; candidate campaign signs said elect councilman _____ when he wasn't a councilman (They later corrected them by taking a marker and drawing in a colon :)) between their name and councilman; a director of a non-profit organization which benefits the poor ACTIVELY campaigning for one group of candidate and then he transported some of the same voters she helps to vote, it is known she provided a meal to a residential home (unknown if the non-profit was involved) but her group of candidates were there and the other candidates did not know anything about it.

I lost by 78 votes. I accept the defeat but I do not like some of the things that happened. A week before the election, the election judge was quoted in the local paper as saying this election we will follow the law (what have we been doing in past elections)

What can I do? I cannot afford a legal challenge. I have three kids in college. Can a get anyone to investigate this? Can I get a court injunction or at least appear before the a judge on my own, without an attorney. What group or organization would invetigate this to see if any wrongdoing was wrong.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">