• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I miss my Grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tazmaniangal

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Kansas
My youngest son was reckless at a party 2 years ago, and never believed that he had fathered Amber's child. DNA has proven to the court that he is the Father and he has responsibly been paying child support. Amber has allowed me generous visitation for almost a year now, actually since confirming my Son as the Father. Now that my Son has requested and been trying to work out visitation to see his son, she is denying me any contact with the little boy. It's not fair that we have bonded for this long, and now out of anger she won't let me see him. I might mention that my Son and Amber have alot of animosity, and also with Amber's boyfriend (he use to be my Son's friend), and my Son's girlfriend (who use to be Amber's friend). Basically what I want to know is, if my Son decides not to pursue visitation, do I have any rights for visitation? Also, if my Son does pursue visitation, can I get visitation also, or do I have to share part of the time my Son is ordered?
A Very Sad Grandma in Kansas

LdiJ

tazmaniangal said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Kansas
My youngest son was reckless at a party 2 years ago, and never believed that he had fathered Amber's child. DNA has proven to the court that he is the Father and he has responsibly been paying child support. Amber has allowed me generous visitation for almost a year now, actually since confirming my Son as the Father. Now that my Son has requested and been trying to work out visitation to see his son, she is denying me any contact with the little boy. It's not fair that we have bonded for this long, and now out of anger she won't let me see him. I might mention that my Son and Amber have alot of animosity, and also with Amber's boyfriend (he use to be my Son's friend), and my Son's girlfriend (who use to be Amber's friend). Basically what I want to know is, if my Son decides not to pursue visitation, do I have any rights for visitation? Also, if my Son does pursue visitation, can I get visitation also, or do I have to share part of the time my Son is ordered?
A Very Sad Grandma in Kansas
You would need to share in the time that your son is ordered, just like Amber's family has to share HER time with the child. If you want to continue to be a part of the child's life, then you need to make your son do the right thing and be a father to his child.

rmet4nzkx

If you have already formed a bond and relationship with the child you may also petition the court to continue this relationship in the best interest of the child while the parents duke it out in court. The child should not have to suffer because the parents are playing games. The mother has already established that she has no problem with you visiting with the child, so it is important to keep the child's best interest in mind, not the interest of the parents to fight over the child and their current relationships. Let your mantra be: Best interest of the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">