• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about getting a suspension off my record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schoolcraft

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Three years ago when i was sixteen i got a 1-5 over speeding ticket, I was really late paying it (which was stupid) and the court suspended my license, when i got the letter i went down and paid the ticket and had my license re-instated . It was suspended for like a week at the time it wasnt a big deal to me. I recently graduated from my college's Emt course, and fire academy. So now im trying to get a job as a firefighter but im afriad the past suspension will disqualify me from some fire departments. Is it possible for me to get it taken off my record because i was a juvenile at the time? If not how long will it stay on my record?
thank you for any help

S

seniorjudge

schoolcraft said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Three years ago when i was sixteen i got a 1-5 over speeding ticket, I was really late paying it (which was stupid) and the court suspended my license, when i got the letter i went down and paid the ticket and had my license re-instated . It was suspended for like a week at the time it wasnt a big deal to me. I recently graduated from my college's Emt course, and fire academy. So now im trying to get a job as a firefighter but im afriad the past suspension will disqualify me from some fire departments. Is it possible for me to get it taken off my record because i was a juvenile at the time? If not how long will it stay on my record?
thank you for any help
I think it will probably always be on your record. Call your state's licensing agency and see what they say.

Even if the conviction is no longer on your record, you will have to report this when you apply for a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">