• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does it say in my criminal background check.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buffjohn2

I was in the Air Force and now reside in Washington State. I was found guilty 2 years ago at a special court-martial for a lesser included offense of possession of ecstasy. My state defines this as a grosss misdemeanor. I want to know what this offense will say in a criminal background check. What does it say in my state or federal background check? I've heard it just says UCMJ violation. What's the official wording?

Also, I used up all my appeals while I was in the military. Does the president grant pardons on a regular basis? The military ruin young men lives. My conviction is the only error in my life.

CdwJava

buffjohn2 said:
Also, I used up all my appeals while I was in the military. Does the president grant pardons on a regular basis? The military ruin young men lives. My conviction is the only error in my life.
Actually, the military did not "ruin" your life - you did. The military did not make you take, use, or possess Ecstasy or any other drug.

As for what it "says" in your background, it will likely list the UCMJ violation and the nature (title) of the offense (perhaps "Possession of illegal substance" or "Drugs"). It depends on who is doing the checking and from what source the information is obtained.

Thee is no generic "background check".

- Carl

chap14

Well I ll tell you

Just like the cop said almost everything as long as someone is looking you up to find out what is on it. You can even search it yourself on the Internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">