• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Law and Gift Certificate Expiration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TommyR1

What is the name of your state? California

I've searched the forum and found the topic about gift certificates and their non expiration in California. Here is the deal.

I went online and bought a gift certificate at continental.com (Continental Airlines). I gave the certificates to my siblings and they did not use it. Now when I bring it back up, it says its expired and Continental says its expired. I tell them about the California law and they said that I purchased the Gift Certificate from Texas and not California.

So... whats the verdict? Resident of California, purchased the ticket online with "originated" in Texas and the law does not apply? Or does it still apply?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">