• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtw723

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I got a speeding ticket back in September for 19MPH over. My court date is today!

My question is how would I ask the court or get the court to drop the ticket to say 14MPH over?
:confused:
What should I say?

Who should I say it to?

When should I say it?

S

seniorjudge

mtw723 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I got a speeding ticket back in September for 19MPH over. My court date is today!

My question is how would I ask the court or get the court to drop the ticket to say 14MPH over?
:confused:
What should I say?

Who should I say it to?

When should I say it?
Yes, or either try for a nonmoving violation that won't get you points.

What should I say?
Would you give please me a nonmoving violation?

Who should I say it to?
Ask the clerk when you get to court how you are supposed to bargain with the prosecutor. It's different for every state and even for every court.

When should I say it?
The clerk will tell you. Be nice.

Barganing

Listen to Senior Judge.

You could try pleading guilty to driving your car and claim double jeapordy on the speeding ticket.

Senior Judge should verify that before you do it.

Senior Judge??

Mary6108

When I went to Dekalb CO recorders court they offered everyone 10 MPH off (if you went downstairs and paid right away, cash or money order only, I believe it was). Can't be sure this is a regular thing, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">