• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How is monthly payment determined?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I received my fully favorable decision in the mail this week and it said I will receive another letter from another department explaining the amount I will be paid. Mine was a closed period of disability as I am recovered now (thank goodness!). Here is my question: My period of disability was from 2/21/03 through 7/27/04. Will I receive any payment for the month of 7/04 since it was not a full month?

bjl1105

You will not receive payment for the first 5 FULL months that you are determined to be disabled. You will get paid for your last month of disability (in full).

mwether19

Closed period

PA. Excuse me, but what is a closed period of disability? I thought a person was either disabled or not. Was this determined before an ALJ or at the initial level? I am asking because my husband is applying for disability and has been denied. He will now go before an ALJ.

Thank you

F

fireboat1

You may be eligible for benefits if your disability is expected or has lasted for a yr.or more. This poster had a closed period of disability for the period of time posted.Then recovered.

mwether19

Closed Period

PA. Sorry, I still don't understand your answer. My husband has been disabled for over 2 years now and is still not working. So if the judge finds him disabled back to that time period, but is showing improvement he could still take that into consideration. And he would rule in his favor for that time period. Is that what you are saying?

I thought there wasn't any in betweens. You are either disabled or not. Am I wrong here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">