• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hitch-Hiking Mishap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zacksinnocent

What is the name of your state? My home state Is Texas But this happened in Louisiana

Ok heres the deal. Me and a friend were hitching a ride from a guy we met at a truck stop in orange Tx to mississippi. OK and on the way we had stopped for some gas and treats in Hammond La, we were all seperated doing different things when all of a sudden S.W.A.T and cops busted me and my friend at different spots. Apparently the guy we had gotten a ride from was on the run and his G-friend was tipping of cops on his location so thats why they were ready.
Well the guy got away running me and my friend were arrested they searched the car and in the trunk found all the ingriedients to make meth and a bag of pot in the armrest so they charged me and my friend with simple poss of pot and 1rst poss. of meth and took us to jail.
Some detectives interviewed us seperatly and we gave our written statements I had explained that I just met the guy 4hrs earlier and was just getting a ride the pot and meth wasnt mine all of my stuff was in a duffel bag in the back seat. They did the same thing with my friend and our written statements were exactly the same and since they busted us seperatly we had no time to collaborate a story so they figured we were telling the truth and said they were gonna let us go and they were gonna take us to the impound to get our bags, but some supervisor from somewhere said no so they re-arrested us and we were in jail then they let us out on a signature bond .
I went to court the first time and pleaded not guilty but I could not make it the second time I didnt call or anything i just didint go. Now my friend didnt even go the first time in fact I have no clue on his where abouts and the driver escaped. So im the only one and it looks bad that i didnt go to court but I couldnt aford it I live in El Paso Tx and that 1200 miles away. So I wanna know is there anyway to beat the charges Im only 20 and I dont have any drug convictions or anything and I dont want any because I still want to go to school one day and with any drug conviction you cant get financial aid. Am I gonna go to jail?? If so how long ??? And what is the charge for skipping court IM guilty for that but nothing more. I dunno what to do I dont have a lawyer I got to get a court appointed one or if I can find a cheap one that takes payments.

Last edited:

4william

Get represented!

Zack.....get a lawyer. If you can't afford a lawyer, the judge will appoint one for you. You have to go to court to clear this matter; it will not disappear by itself. If you are truly innocent, then you have nothing to worry about. Also, check and see if you have an "FTA," or, "failure to appear," warrant for your arrest......good luck.

Zacksinnocent

I really want to see if I do have a FTA warrant out but I dunno how to go about it. Can I check on the internet or where can I call? I know that I sound completely helpless but I am it happened so quickly that I really dont know anything about anything. Also if I am found guilty which would be so so wrong how long am I gonna go to jail?

Thank You Lots

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">