• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F1 to H1B start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

windycity

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ
I am on F1 visa. I completed my masters in May 2003 and doing ph.d. now. I have not used my OPT for masters. I am getting offers for work.
1. When can I start working?
2. Do I need to wait till the spring semester is over?
3. Do I need to apply for OPT before H1B?
4. What is the best way to proceed for my H1B?
5. Can the employer apply for H1B for me in Mar-08 quota?

ImmigAttyLana

1. You can start working only when you have valid employment authorization, either through OPT or through H-1B.
2. No
3. Not necessarily
4. If you have a valid offer of employment from a US employer and that employer is willing to sponsor you for H-1B visa, then that is what needs to be done.
5. If you have completed a master's degree in the US and have a valid offer of employment, then the employer may be able to file for a H-1B on your behalf in March 2005.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">