• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket; wrong identity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhawkins

What is the name of your state? texas

an employee of mine, a sweet young korean girl who's lived here 15 years, was stopped by a state trooper on a turnpike, just after the same model car sped by her. trooper said she was going 91 in a 60mph zone.

this girl has no taffic tickets, & is incapable of breaking any law--maybe 2mph, but not 31. her english isnt perfect, maybe the trooper got the wong impression.

a lawyer's secretary said he city of frisco (city of record?) would require the trooper to show up. as she was ticked at 31mph over the limit, the attorney couldnt keep it off her record. said it would be the troopers word against hers, she would lose.

on the ticket alleged speed is 91, radar cal is blank.

this girls innocent. the trooper got the wrong person, & he seems to have an attitude

what are her options?

thanks,

S

seniorjudge

bhawkins said:
What is the name of your state? texas

an employee of mine, a sweet young korean girl who's lived here 15 years, was stopped by a state trooper on a turnpike, just after the same model car sped by her. trooper said she was going 91 in a 60mph zone.

this girl has no taffic tickets, & is incapable of breaking any law--maybe 2mph, but not 31. her english isnt perfect, maybe the trooper got the wong impression.

a lawyer's secretary said he city of frisco (city of record?) would require the trooper to show up. as she was ticked at 31mph over the limit, the attorney couldnt keep it off her record. said it would be the troopers word against hers, she would lose.

on the ticket alleged speed is 91, radar cal is blank.

this girls innocent. the trooper got the wrong person, & he seems to have an attitude

what are her options?

thanks,

What evidence do you have to back up your assertion that the cop got the wrong person?

bhawkins

tx hard evidence? none.

i know this girl. she's totally honest. she doesnt break laws. she cant break laws; its just not her.

if she tried to drive 91mph +on the george bush turnpike at 9 am, she'd kill herself. i'm surprised anyone could drive 91mph. the trooper must have been pissed someone was being so reckless

she saw the same make & model car drive by her, speeding, just before she was pulled over

Y

ylen13

bhawkins said:
tx hard evidence? none.

i know this girl. she's totally honest. she doesnt break laws. she cant break laws; its just not her.

if she tried to drive 91mph +on the george bush turnpike at 9 am, she'd kill herself. i'm surprised anyone could drive 91mph. the trooper must have been pissed someone was being so reckless

she saw the same make & model car drive by her, speeding, just before she was pulled over
guess what she is out of luck. You have no proof other then it was not me and that will not fly in court.

lwpat

Even police officers make mistakes. I would suggest that she go in and talk to the judge if possible. He may agree to a deferment or even traffic school if he believes her. If not then she can ask for a jury trial and it will be her word against the officers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">