• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Neighbor Installed A Giant Flushmount Cieling Fan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wendyrobbins

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?

I live in New Jersey.

I live in an old 1940 condo. My neighbor below me put in a giant cieling fan, and when she turns it on I hear the engine loudly. It's not the type that has a drop and then the engine is under that. This is a flushmount, and the base is about 2 feet wide, and sits right on the cieling.
Three of my neighbors took her to mediation court because she has harrased us all to the point of tears, and this fan installation is just the latest problem.I'm sitting here in the dark so that when she comes home she will think I'm not home, and maybe I can enjoy my living room tonight. Now that she knows the fan bothers me she will turn it on full blast untill 10:00 so that I wont sit in my living room.
The association says that there is no bylaw that says she cannot put one in.
If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

HomeGuru

wendyrobbins said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?

I live in New Jersey.

I live in an old 1940 condo. My neighbor below me put in a giant cieling fan, and when she turns it on I hear the engine loudly. It's not the type that has a drop and then the engine is under that. This is a flushmount, and the base is about 2 feet wide, and sits right on the cieling.

**A: it is called a motor not an engine.
Three of my neighbors took her to mediation court because she has harrased us all to the point of tears, and this fan installation is just the latest problem.I'm sitting here in the dark so that when she comes home she will think I'm not home, and maybe I can enjoy my living room tonight. Now that she knows the fan bothers me she will turn it on full blast untill 10:00 so that I wont sit in my living room.
The association says that there is no bylaw that says she cannot put one in.
If anyone has any ideas that would be great!
**A: buy a remote control and wire it such that you can control her fan.

wendyrobbins

I'm sorry, I thought this was a usefull web site

To correct me by saying it's a motor not an engine is not of any help.
I thought this was supposed to be a legitimate web site.undefined

HomeGuru

wendyrobbins said:
To correct me by saying it's a motor not an engine is not of any help.
I thought this was supposed to be a legitimate web site.undefined

**A: you are correct and I apologize for correcting you. Now excuse me while I start my search engine to travel all over the information super highway.

signed,
your brother-in-law
baskinrobbins

wendyrobbins

Shes Ready To Blow!

She has called the police on me 7 times for things like vacuming at 2:00 in the afternoon, and flushing the toilet! The police call her the nut. She wanted them to "break my door down".
I dont want to add insult to injury.
I dont want to sell, but it looks to be the only choice for my nerves!

HomeGuru

wendyrobbins said:
She has called the police on me 7 times for things like vacuming at 2:00 in the afternoon, and flushing the toilet! The police call her the nut. She wanted them to "break my door down".
I dont want to add insult to injury.
I dont want to sell, but it looks to be the only choice for my nerves!
**A: well take some valium and call me in the morning. Then read the NJ seller disclosure law. Even if you sold, you would have to disclose "the nut"
So basically she's got you by the nuts; oh yeah, you're a girl.

You have 2 choices here - start calling the cops on her for noise, knowing it will get you nothing, OR (and this is FAR more enjoyable), fight fire with fire. Everytime she turns the friggin fan on, turn the stereo up.......turn the tv up....if she complains, tell her that unfortunately you have no choice since the noise of her fan makes it impossible to hear anything in your home. Take up clog dancing........buy a drum set and practice A LOT........GET REVENGE. Either that or buy yourself a circular saw, open up your floor and do a little short circuit wiring job for her.

Whew, that felt good........nothing like a little revenge to get the blood pumping!

Look closer at your by-laws, maybe there's something the association is missing (or just doesn't want the hassle).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">