• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Pool Lane Fine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

westcruise

What is the name of your state? California. From LAX, I was heading north of the 405 when my lane changed into a Car Pool lane as it approached the San Fernando Valley. I missed the signs and marking. After checking my side/rear view mirror and making a quick glance to my right, I changed lane. A CHP pulled me over and got a ticket for the lane violation and for crossing a double line. Can I appeal my $680-error at the Traffic Court considering the violation wasn't intended to avoid heavy traffic since the regular lanes was easy?

Last edited:

mikeshoe

Mitigation

If you go into court and explain what you've typed here I think you'll still be found guilty of commiting the offense, perhaps if you are very convincing you could get it reduced. The most common comment on these forums that in order for you to completely avoid a fine etc.... you will need to show some "evidence that you in fact did not commit the offense".
Your post sounds like you have circumstances that might mitigate the ticket but no "evidence" that you are entirely innocent.

westcruise

There's no denying of the violations. Therefore appealing for a lower fine for a first offender is better than doing nothing at the Traffic Court? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">