• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Accountability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LayDeeDy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My step-son was caught at school with marijuana and a pipe. After finding out the details of the situation, it seems that he got the pot from snooping and digging through our room. He found stuff that my husband had forgotten about. My step-son does not live with us on a primary basis. He is down approx. every other weekend. What charges are my husband and/or myself facing? How will this affect the children that do live with us? What is the legal process for a situation like this? :confused:

CdwJava

LayDeeDy said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My step-son was caught at school with marijuana and a pipe. After finding out the details of the situation, it seems that he got the pot from snooping and digging through our room. He found stuff that my husband had forgotten about. My step-son does not live with us on a primary basis. He is down approx. every other weekend. What charges are my husband and/or myself facing? How will this affect the children that do live with us? What is the legal process for a situation like this? :confused:
You MIGHT face child endangerment charges. But, the most likely result would be fodder for the other parent to use to claim that you two are unfit in some way.

A CPS referral might also be down the road as well.

- Carl

cdkelley

I would deny any of the said charges because it sounds as if your step-son is on a vendeta against you.Other wise,there is a possibility that the state could take the your other children.I would consider my other children first & make sure you clean out your dresser drawers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">