• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't leave till court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHall

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Maryland. I went to see an intake officer on the 16th of December 04'. He told me since this was my fourth offense that I would be going to court. This made my second marijuana offense, I have a false report on my record, and I haven't been summoned to court yet. I have plans to move to Ohio to finish my schooling up there, and the sooner I can leave the better, but I can't until I know what's going on with court. What I want to know is what my chances are that I'll still be summoned to court since it's been 47 days since I saw the intake officer. I asked the officer at my school this very question and he told me that it's unlikely that I'll be called in, and that the court can not come after me after 90 days if I haven't been summoned. Is this true? What is your advice?

C

CheeseBlotto

Stop committing crimes of stupidity, and you can go to Ohio or anywhere else any time you please. In the meantime, you have pending business (which was caused by you and no one else). Take care of it.

AHall

Listen to me now...You don't know me. You don't know what I've put myself through since this. I have my reasons as to why I did what I did, none are valid, true. But I have learned my lesson and have moved on. I just want to get court out of the way or just go to Ohio, either way I want to be done and move on cause this isn't the way to live life. I know this, and the response that you wrote me was inappropriate, uncalled for, and just cold. Don't ever respond to me again.

C

CheeseBlotto

You ask for advice, and then attack the person that provides it because it's not what you want to hear. Grow up, take care of your pending business, THEN you can move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

seniorjudge

AHall said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Maryland. I went to see an intake officer on the 16th of December 04'. He told me since this was my fourth offense that I would be going to court. This made my second marijuana offense, I have a false report on my record, and I haven't been summoned to court yet. I have plans to move to Ohio to finish my schooling up there, and the sooner I can leave the better, but I can't until I know what's going on with court. What I want to know is what my chances are that I'll still be summoned to court since it's been 47 days since I saw the intake officer. I asked the officer at my school this very question and he told me that it's unlikely that I'll be called in, and that the court can not come after me after 90 days if I haven't been summoned. Is this true? What is your advice?
Make sure you have something in writing that all of your Maryland stuff is taken care of, else you may be facing felony charges for failure to appear in court. The intake officer may have a year or more to decide whether to file charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">