• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First ticket...pleading Diferred Adjudication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phil8616

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hey all, I just got my first ticket driving home from work heading south on a highway in my city. I was following a car in the slow lane and punched it to get around and by another car, not knowing my speed until I had cleared the other car...had my eye on the mirror to safely pass the other car...My mistake though by not looking at the speedometer I was pulled over and supposively radared at 100 in a 65. He asked me if I had a radar detector because after i passed the car and hit my top speed I let it off immediately since I realized how fast I was going. I told him my story of how I was just trying to get around and didnt notice my speed and told me since I have a clear record and have been driving for several years to fight it and go for diferred adjudication. I dont mind paying the ticket due to it being my punishment for the mistake, but my main worry is the insurance rates. I know if I do get the 3 months probation and pass it I will get it off my record. Any advice or ideas of how I can either get the diferred adjudication or another way to get the ticket dismissed since I have been a safe driver before this. Thanks again for your help...

-Philip

Phil8616

Do you or anyone else know my chances on getting diferred adjudication or what I can do to better my chances in court?...Thanks once again

-Philip

S

seniorjudge

Phil8616 said:
Do you or anyone else know my chances on getting diferred adjudication or what I can do to better my chances in court?...Thanks once again

-Philip
Ask about deferred adjudication when you get to court.

Sheez

"Deferred Adjudication"? Why can't the legal system speak english? Just call it "Okay, we'll let you off the hook this time".

You had to go 100 mph to pass a car?

Insurance companies check your driving record every 3 to 5 years. Even if you get the ticket, it's likely you'll be able to go awhile before your insurance company finds out about it. Remember, they only know what YOU tell them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">