• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disregard Stop Sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DEON1957SA

Hallo to everyone from South Africa.Just a general question on proving your innocence in a court.In South Africa you are not guilty, until proven guilty .All cases in the magistrates court are heard by a magistrate and cases are proven on the basis of "beyond reasonable doubt"
I was stopped by an officer,who alledged that I did not stop at a stop sign.
I did stop and is going to contest this in court in 2 weeks time.At the time of the incident,whilst the officer was completing my ticket,I witnessed 7 other drivers who failed to stop at the same stop sign.There were 3 officers on duty at the time and when I questioned the officer why they did not stop the others drivers who failed to stop at the stop sign,he said to me "hundreds of drivers fail to stop at that stop on any specific day,and that they do not have the manpower to stop and fine everyone " My question is, can the law be applied selectively, taking into the account that the officers saw the other 7 cars not stopping at the stop sign.
Thanks
Deon

Y

ylen13

seems in south africa they didn't teach how to read so will help.

Please choose a Forum below to read or post a question - US Law Only - YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

We have no idea on laws i south africa so how should we able to help you. Please find board that has posters from south africa so they will able to help you as they will know south africa laws.

DEON1957SA

Ylen 13- Your comment about S/Africans not being taught to read is totally unwanted.If you cannot contribute constructively,stay away.
Just a simple question to you,can you actually write if you cannot read ?
I guess you probably can,that is why your comment is totally of the mark.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">