• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PArking small cargo trailor ??? Not allowed !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ramfan7

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I live within a property controlled by a association which is telling me I cannot park my cargo trailor ( My means of Living ) on the property.
They say its in the rules. However their are SUV's that are bigger then my trailor ! What is my recourse ? Can a association stop you from parking a cargo vehicle that is your means of living ??
Just because the parking lot is within the confines of the condo association
property ?
Where am I supposed to park my vehicle at night ? 4 blocks away on a public street ? Its absolutly ridiculous ! Is their any legal law I can refer too since it is my means of living to have the cargo trailor each day I go to work ?
PLEASE let me know

HomeGuru

ramfan7 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I live within a property controlled by a association which is telling me I cannot park my cargo trailor ( My means of Living ) on the property.
They say its in the rules. However their are SUV's that are bigger then my trailor ! What is my recourse ? Can a association stop you from parking a cargo vehicle that is your means of living ??
Just because the parking lot is within the confines of the condo association
property ?
Where am I supposed to park my vehicle at night ? 4 blocks away on a public street ? Its absolutly ridiculous ! Is their any legal law I can refer too since it is my means of living to have the cargo trailor each day I go to work ?
PLEASE let me know

**A: your CC&R's rule; read them. A HOA is not required by law to accept trucks, trailors, watercraft etc. for business and entertainment in the common parking/HOA areas.

Last edited:

ramfan7

CALIFORNIA
Yes it says that. However there is NO OTHER AVAILABLE PARKING !
This is a resort community along a lake ! We have no other place to park !
Don't they have to provide alternative parking then ? The nearest location is 1 mile away .
If I make a living with this cargo trailor. Is their a law that protects citizens of the state in this area?
And why can a food trailor be parked on the premises just because it has a steering wheel even though its larger ? It's also for business as are other utility trucks ( construction etc ) that others have !
Thanks for your help..
Cam

HomeGuru

ramfan7 said:
CALIFORNIA
Yes it says that. However there is NO OTHER AVAILABLE PARKING !

**A: then tough luck.
This is a resort community along a lake ! We have no other place to park !
Don't they have to provide alternative parking then ? The nearest location is 1 mile away .

**A: there is no law that requires a HOA to accomodate a resident parking/storing any business FF&E.

If I make a living with this cargo trailor. Is their a law that protects citizens of the state in this area?

**A: no, since the CC&R's rule. The project is a private development and not a public housing governed by public law.
And why can a food trailor be parked on the premises just because it has a steering wheel even though its larger ?
It's also for business as are other utility trucks ( construction etc ) that others have !
Thanks for your help..
Cam
**A: why don't you get it?

ramfan7

CALIFORNIA....

TOUGH LUCK....

Thanks for the kind words.....WHEW give me a break.
You should be on our association board of directors....
I do not feel any association should have such power.
The assocoation is not its own state you know. It is just a homeowners association within the state of California.
Legislature needs to get control of the laws of the state in reference to this.
Because controlling peoples lives by telling them where they can park there property in this way is totally crazy....
Example: Cars parked in red zones NIGHT AFTER NIGHT..and the association does nothing.
But a trailor ( cargo ) is parked legally in ONE PARKING space and
its given a tag to be moved....THATS BULL in my opinion.

HomeGuru

ramfan7 said:
CALIFORNIA....

TOUGH LUCK....

Thanks for the kind words.....WHEW give me a break.
You should be on our association board of directors....
I do not feel any association should have such power.
The assocoation is not its own state you know. It is just a homeowners association within the state of California.
Legislature needs to get control of the laws of the state in reference to this.
Because controlling peoples lives by telling them where they can park there property in this way is totally crazy....
Example: Cars parked in red zones NIGHT AFTER NIGHT..and the association does nothing.
But a trailor ( cargo ) is parked legally in ONE PARKING space and
its given a tag to be moved....THATS BULL in my opinion.
**A: Ok, and I accept your opinion. And you can chose to accept or ignore my legal opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">