• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesse40

What is the name of your state? Virginia
If a police officer dose not maintain a visual of my car from the time I was clocked with rader, to time time when I was actually pulled over, can I still be found guilty?

I was driving north and saw a state officer driving in the oppisite direction. When he passed my car I saw him pull into a driveway, which I thought was his own. There were several cars behind me and I lost sight of the patrol car. I pulled into a gas station a quarter of a mile away, which is where I was headed. When I got out of my car and began pumping gas is when the officer pulled in behind me and wrote me a ticket for driving 67mph in a 55mph speed zone. He didnt turn on his siren so I dont think there is a video tape of the incident, but if there were i think that I could say it wasnt me and he couldnt prove otherwise since he lost visual. I really cant afford to have another ticket on my record, please help. Thank-you.

If someone could tell me where to look I would have no problem trying to find my own answers. Thank-you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">