• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married to alien overstay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m2thestars

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am a U.S. Citizen and have just recently married a man who entered the United States on a B-Visa which expired in September, 2003. What is the quickest process that will allow him to travel in and out of the US. Regardless, what should I be filing to ultimately attain citizenship for my spouse? His reason for travel outside the US is work related. There is no business sponsor. PLEASE HELP!!!! :confused:

ImmigAttyLana

He absolutely should NOT travel outside the US until AFTER he obtains his green card on the basis of marriage to you. Doing so before that time will cause him to trigger a 10-year bar to reentery which, unless waived due to extreme hardship showing, will mean that he will not be able to enter the US for a period of 10 years regardless of his marriage to you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">