• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught up and clueless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluediamond

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My boyfriend and I along with our newborn son were riding in a friend's car. Our only car had broken down and he offered to let us borrow his vehicle for a couple of days. Soon after we got the car we were stopped by the police for no reason at all. The vehicle was searched without our permission and drugs (cocaine) were found under the floor boards in te back of the vehicle. It was like they knew they were there. Without us seeing any drugs we were taken into custody charged with drug trafficking. We later found out that our friend was also arrested, and that he had multiple prior drug charges under his belt. Help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bluediamond said:

My boyfriend and I along with our newborn son were riding in a friend's car. Our only car had broken down and he offered to let us borrow his vehicle for a couple of days. Soon after we got the car we were stopped by the police for no reason at all. The vehicle was searched without our permission and drugs (cocaine) were found under the floor boards in te back of the vehicle. It was like they knew they were there. Without us seeing any drugs we were taken into custody charged with drug trafficking. We later found out that our friend was also arrested, and that he had multiple prior drug charges under his belt. Help!

My response:

Help with what - - bail money?

If your friend is a druggie, then you must be too. Remember, "you are the company that you keep."

IAAL

S

smokehaze

Just becuase you sell drugs does not mean you use them.

S

smokehaze

Those are the scumbags that know how to make that paper.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

davenk said:
wow , super helpful info ...Senior member

My response:

You may not like it, but we're not here to assist druggies. If you want to deal with illicit drugs, knowing that it's an illegal trade, then you accept and deal with the consequences - - all by yourself.

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

bluediamond said:

Give us the rest of the facts....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

seniorjudge said:
Give us the rest of the facts....

My response:

Why? What's the use?

Just pick any of these posts in this forum for the "rest of the facts." None of the excuses are new, and they've all been used before. What this writer doesn't seem to understand is that when you "shake hands with the Devil" (by having druggie friends), then you're going to get burned. It's as simple as that.

She is the company that she keeps.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

Run with the Pack
Bad Company (1976)

You won't even see me, oh no, for dust.

I'm running with the pack,
Running with the pack,
Never looking back.

You try to keep me in cages,
But baby, you got to catch me first.
You think your law is contagious,
I'll do my best, you can do your worst.
I'm leaving you, now who can I trust;
You won't even see me, oh no, for dust.

Running with the pack,
Never looking back.

All right.

Look out there.

Running with the pack,
Never looking back.

Running with the pack,
Running with the pack,
Never looking back.
Oh, yeah.

You can't hold me down,
You can't hold me back,

On my own way,
Running with the pack, ooh.
Never, never, never looking back, Oh.
Keep on running, keep on running
Yeah, yeah.
Moving on, moving out.
Oh, oh......

DanManK

I have a complete set of facts on my post (illegal stop,search, and seizure(?)) please someone read that and attempt to answer the questions I propose in it, thanks

S

seniorjudge

DanManK said:
I have a complete set of facts on my post (illegal stop,search, and seizure(?)) please someone read that and attempt to answer the questions I propose in it, thanks
What does that have to do with this thread?

ENASNI

Well

I respect you Judge... you are trying to get the facts to give the legal info.

Thats all good and fair in my book.
But also in my book... it seems awfully strange that a friend with a stash of
cocaine under floorboards (how much is a good question). would let said
stash out of his sight.

I think there is much more to this story... Like maybe the owner of the car and drugs said..."sure buddy, go ahead and borrow my car, but would you mind stopping by this alley for a few minutes and turning your head the other way. :cool:
not sure poster will come back to answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">