• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Payments Part 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thunderrage

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?WI

I said on my application that I was disabled in 2000, but applied 3 years ago in june. Do they go back to 2002. Or do they go back to the time I said I was disabled in 2000.

I was wondering that cause I was not clear on the other thread about back payments.

Thank you for your time.

And I apologize for starting a new thread on this subject.

ThunderRage

bjl1105

I said on my application that I was disabled in 2000, but applied 3 years ago in june. Do they go back to 2002. Or do they go back to the time I said I was disabled in 2000.

Retroactive payments can be made for a maximum period of one year from the date of application (filed 06/02, can pay back to 06/01) providing your disability is established early enough to absorb the 5 FULL month waiting period that is required. You would need your disability onset date to be established 01/01/01 or earlier to be paid the full 12 months retroactive benefits. Assuming this is at a Hearings level, the Administrative Law Judge will determine when your disability began.

thunderrage

To my understanding in wisconsin, they go back to the orginal date u applied. And use back payments from that date. So if I filed in june of 2002, I would get all the back payments from that date.

However my lawyer said that the onset of my disability goes back to 2000. So thats why I was wondering do they go from the 2002 date or 2000 date. :confused:

Thanks Again,

ThunderRage

bjl1105

Retroactive payments can be made for a maximum period of one year from the date of application (filed 06/02, can pay back to 06/01)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">