• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nedd help to write my own character reference!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krevus

Need help to write my own character reference!!!!!!!

While the laws differ from the USA to Australia, I need help writing a letter to the judge. I have been charged with importing steriods to Australia and while under medical supervision and suffering depression I have found writing the letter to be real trouble getting my point accross.
Can anyone point me to templates or examples on the web??????
HELP?????????????????????

Take care all of you.

Last edited:

JETX

krevus said:
While the laws differ from the USA to Australia, I need help writing a letter to the judge. I have been charged with importing steriods to Australia and while under medical supervision and suffering depression I have found writing the letter to be real trouble getting my point accross.

Take care all of you.
Start with:
"Your Honor, I am a drug addict and the charges I am facing today are only a very small part of the crimes I have actually committed."
Then start telling of all the crimes you have done.... and weren't caught!!
The court will appreciate your honesty and candor.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

krevus said:
and while under medical supervision and suffering depression

My response:

Why is it that nearly 100% of the writers that come to these forums, especially criminal writers, have some sort of physical, mental or emotional problem - - and their "problem" is used as an excuse (or crutch) as the reason for all of their problems?

Aren't there any "normal" people out there who have legal problems? Is this country (albeit, the world) full of infirms?

IAAL

JETX

And though your questions were rhetorical, the answer (at least to me) is that we have somehow managed to become a society of 'victims'. Whatever happens is NOT my fault.... it is always someone elses, or something that happened TO me.

This 'victimization' of America (and apparently Australia) is exampled:
- In the school system, where Johnny (or Janey) was caught cheating, but it wasn't their fault.... the school system failed in not 'helping' them.
- In commercials, where an excessively broadcast fake 'doctor' advises people that their being overweight "is NOT their fault".... they just need to take the product being sold.
- In law, where the criminal isn't at 'fault'.... it is just that society doesn't 'understand' them.

We need to start teaching (and preaching) accountablity, responsibility and even humility.... in all of our actions.

BelizeBreeze

OR;

Dear Mr. Judge;

I am a drug-crazed blight on honest, hard-working society and ask that you teach me a lesson by sending me for rehabilitation to the Penal Colony of Detroit so that I can learn to become a contributing, functioning member of society.

Signed,
Just another druggie with excuses

rmet4nzkx

krevus said:

Take care all of you.
This forum is for US laws only, but the things I will tell you may help no matter where you are located because there are international standards for medical conditions found in the UCD-9. International Classification of Diseases http://www.e-mds.com/services/icd9/

No where in the ICD-9 will a medical condition automatically be a defense, it may be considered by the judge as a factor but no where will it be an excuse, so you will be responsable for you actions. Steriods abuse may affect mental functioning and lead to extreme behavioral problems, that is why they are regulated, so a letter from your doctor will be important in considering your case since you claim to be under medical supervision.

If you are required by the court to provide such a document, do so to the best of your ability, admitting what you have done, being honest and anything you feel should be considered by the judge. If you indeed have medical conditions that contributed to your competency, ask your treating physician to provide a letter as well, that will have more weight than your letter alone. Please understand, you must allow your doctor to write the letter of his/her own free will and do not dictate what they write, tell them the question and let them answer. Check with your court as to the form and process of submitting such documents, and whether or not the court will accept.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rmet4nzkx said:
This forum is for US laws only, but the things I will tell you may help no matter where you are located because there are international standards for medical conditions found in the UCD-9. International Classification of Diseases http://www.e-mds.com/services/icd9/

No where in the ICD-9 will a medical condition automatically be a defense, it may be considered by the judge as a factor but no where will it be an excuse, so you will be responsable for you actions. Steriods abuse may affect mental functioning and lead to extreme behavioral problems, that is why they are regulated, so a letter from your doctor will be important in considering your case since you claim to be under medical supervision.

If you are required by the court to provide such a document, do so to the best of your ability, admitting what you have done, being honest and anything you feel should be considered by the judge. If you indeed have medical conditions that contributed to your competency, ask your treating physician to provide a letter as well, that will have more weight than your letter alone. Please understand, you must allow your doctor to write the letter of his/her own free will and do not dictate what they write, tell them the question and let them answer. Check with your court as to the form and process of submitting such documents, and whether or not the court will accept.

My response:

Well, at least you're not misspelling any words, rmet4nzkx.

Would you mind whipping out your liberal breast so I can suck some milk?

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Well, at least you're not misspelling any words, rmet4nzkx.

Would you mind whipping out your liberal breast so I can suck some milk?

IAAL
My conservative breast is currently sans milk, so they would need priming! ;)

How am I liberal? I tell him to admit what he has done, to tell the truth and if there is a valid medical condition, to ask his treating physician to document and then the judge might consider it. I tell him he is responsable for his actions. I don't go into detail of explaining any type of defense, just the steps required to answer his question. I give no prediction of his success.

Actually the steroid defense may be a vaild defense and UK and AU have fairly liberal allowances for defenses re medical conditions, the most dramatic being infanticide due to PPD. I am not liberal, they are liberal and steriods are known to affect behavior. We don't know if OP was involved in body building or sports or if they were being treated with steroids for a medical condition and became addicted or their behavior adversly affected in the process, clarification of these facts would make a difference here and in the judges decision. He can't provide expert testimony, but his doctor can, if in fact his actions are related to his medical condition.

S

seniorjudge

krevus said:

Take care all of you.
What is your point?

krevus

I have to say I’m disappointed with some of the replies.
All the people who think I’m a “drug crazed” person, please read the below.

I lost my two best friends in late 2003. My wife and my dog. I will never see them again. Just after Xmas 2003 my business was burnt to the ground putting 14 people out of work and while insured I am still struggling with the insurance company for full coverage.
Over the next few months I lost over 15kgs and was like a stick.
I consulted a Doctor who prescribed steroids after many blood tests. Various trauma experts also counseled me.
I ordered the drug, as it was cheaper.
I employ people who built a life for the family with the money my company makes.
I pay my taxes. I do work free of charge in the local community such as taking handicapped kids fishing. So don’t lay your crap on me. Got it.

I have never been charged with any crime in my life…till now. I am guilty of the crime and have pleaded so. I’m not a victim as some have suggested. I only hope the court can understand why I did this and shows some form of compassion.

Thanks for all the people you have offered help. And to all the people who made sarcastic remarks – get stuffed!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">