• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my legal liability in this eBay situation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stogs

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

Hello,

I sold Super Bowl Tickets for a ticket broker on eBay. The buyer paid for half of the total price and then the individual I was selling them for, was to meet him in Jacksonville to end the transaction. For the some reason the ticket broker did not meet him in Jacksonville. We can't get a hold of him. If for some reason the broker does not refund his money, am I at all legally liable?

HolyCow

I would say yes, you are liable...Im not a lawyer so it's just a guess...

You really shouldn't sell items you don't have control of...Hopefully, you will refund your buyer what he paid you...

stogs

I have no money to give him. Im as broke as most 22 year-olds out there. If I had $1500 to give him, I would...

djohnson

He paid you for half, you shouldn't have just turned it over. It is your responsibility to refund. Also consider if he sues you he costs he is also out because of this problem. Trip, gas, hotel, etc....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">