• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Injury at Albertson Grocery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mhobie

Accident occured in Lake Tahoe, Cal. on 12/24/04 I was reading a magazine while my family shopped. I noticed a nudge on my back and turned to see a four foot rack of books falling down on me. I attempted to halt the fall but the rack was about 10 foot long and sustained a minor cut in my hand. The shelf however fell onto to the middle of my back, pushed me into the adjoining rack and raked down the back to the floor. The accident was viewed by an employee and an accident report was filed. Got a call from their head office acknowledging that the shelf was loaded improperly and they would pay for my medical bills and 'pain and suffering'. I am still working with a physical therapist but the back is improving. When I contact Albertson I am not sure what is an appropriate response to 'pain and suffering'. I have had plenty of back pain but it is improving. I do not plan to contact a lawyer but hope to settle myself but unsure of my response to any offer for pain and suffering. Appreciate any guidance.

HomeGuru

mhobie said:
Accident occured in Lake Tahoe, Cal. on 12/24/04 I was reading a magazine while my family shopped. I noticed a nudge on my back and turned to see a four foot rack of books falling down on me. I attempted to halt the fall but the rack was about 10 foot long and sustained a minor cut in my hand. The shelf however fell onto to the middle of my back, pushed me into the adjoining rack and raked down the back to the floor. The accident was viewed by an employee and an accident report was filed. Got a call from their head office acknowledging that the shelf was loaded improperly and they would pay for my medical bills and 'pain and suffering'. I am still working with a physical therapist but the back is improving. When I contact Albertson I am not sure what is an appropriate response to 'pain and suffering'. I have had plenty of back pain but it is improving. I do not plan to contact a lawyer but hope to settle myself but unsure of my response to any offer for pain and suffering. Appreciate any guidance.

**A: how does $2.4 million sound?

mhobie

Back Injury Law

Are you serious?? On what basis do you have to substantiate such a conclusion.
Thanks
Dick

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">