• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana & paraphernalia charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bzott

I was pulled over in the downtown kent area in Portage county Ohio for improper lane usage. The officer claimed to smell marijuana in the car. I had a tin with seeds and stems in my posession along with a single hit metal pipe. The officer ordered me out of the vehicle and proceded to search the car with the aid of a drug dog. I was never read my rights and booked on marijuana posession and paraphernalia charges. On the paperwork it is listed as a fourth degree misdamenor. I was wondering what kind of sentence am I looking at and if there is anything I can/should do to make this ordeal run more smoothly. Also, I was never offered an attourney, should I get one before the trial.

phizzy

That really all depends on the judge. I'm guessing you'll face little more than fines and community service. At most a weekend in jail. Getting a lawyer helps, and you can probably get off with community service and probation with a lawyers help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">