• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Glass found in salad at Outback restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

restaurants

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin.
While eating my salad at a Outback restaurant I chewed down on a peice of glass about 1/2" by 1/2". I did not get cut but my teeth were sore and sensitive for awhile, not to mention that I was concerned about swallowing the glass and what was going to happen internally? I informed the waittress and she informed the manager who came to my table and apologized, he also gave me our dinner at no charge and a coupon for another free visit. Their insurance company called me a week later to hear my story on what happened and to see if I was injured. They told me to make copies of dentist or doctor bills and wages lost or mileage to the dentist appointments. That's nice and all but this seems to be more work and time involved for me to do all this than them and I was the one who ate glass! Shouldn't they have to suffer at all ,so this doesn't happen again to someone else?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

restaurants said:
While eating my salad at a Outback restaurant I chewed down on a peice of glass about 1/2" by 1/2". I did not get cut but my teeth were sore and sensitive for awhile. What is my recourse?

**A: what did you do at the time of the incident? Was management notified? If so, what did they do and say? Go back and order a Silverton Sirloin on the house.

Lynx 36

restaurants said:
While eating my salad at a Outback restaurant I chewed down on a peice of glass about 1/2" by 1/2". I did not get cut but my teeth were sore and sensitive for awhile, not to mention that I was concerned about swallowing the glass and what was going to happen internally? I informed the waittress and she informed the manager who came to my table and apologized, he also gave me our dinner at no charge and a coupon for another free visit. Their insurance company called me a week later to hear my story on what happened and to see if I was injured. They told me to make copies of dentist or doctor bills and wages lost or mileage to the dentist appointments. That's nice and all but this seems to be more work and time involved for me to do all this than them and I was the one who ate glass! Shouldn't they have to suffer at all ,so this doesn't happen again to someone else?
They're asking you f/ documentation so they can possibly reimburse you f/ any expenditures. How else are they supposed to do this? Do you think they would just take your word f/ it? Most people would be happy the insurance co. contacted them and is offering to do this. My suggestion is to do what they ask if you hope to recover any money. If not they won't pay. it's that simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">